"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Four needles, Frustrated and Fingerless

My friend Jess asked me the other day, to help her make THIS PATTERN FOR FINGERLESS GLOVES. So I had to try out the pattern first and see what changes I might make before teaching her to make them.
First off, I RARELY use double pointed needles, so I'm still deciding if I'll go that route for teaching...
Secondly, there are stripes. Which aren't so hard, just the yarn can tangle up a bit. I think this part will be okay though. There's also a thumb gussett which can prove hard to do, but I'm staying positive.
Then there is that have-to-make-two problem. I have this same problem with baby booties. You get one done and think "....DARN... I forgot I had to make two. WHY DID I START THIS PATTERN??!"
At last, you reach the end and see what a beautiful product you have. It makes it all worth it.
They even look cute inside out!

No comments: