"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby boy blankets

This first blanket was years in the making. I was planning to make a large size afghan in Seahawks colors, but grew tired of it fast, so I set it aside until last month when I was invited to my friend Jenny's baby shower. I instantly knew this had to be made up for her upcoming baby boy. I think it turned out pretty great.

Later that month, I was invited to ANOTHER baby shower and wanted to have something personal to give to my friend Bethany, so i found a few boyish colors and went on my way. I love how the gold trim ties this blanket together nicely. I think gold trim is my new favorite.

This next blanket is for my friend Megan's upcoming baby boy. due in a few months. I don't know why I felt I should make a baby blanket in the heat of July, but I had never made a ripple afghan before, so I picked up my crochet hook and some bold boy colors and experimented. I added just a touch of the gold to this one.

Then tonight, I finished up this light blue and royal blue baby boy blanket. It doesn't have a designated home as of yet, but I'm sure something will come along and I know it will be perfect for someone special.

No comments: