"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Books, Bars, BBQ, bad hot air balloon shows...

Well, I folded and took Sam to Walmart last night. We got chocolate,
and new water bottles, she got some shorts and a tank top, I got a $.50 mead notebook, some pens, hair dye for August, a few mangoes, some frozen collard greens and CITY OF BONES in a small book version (i love the small book versions of books with the movie covers on them the MOST...i know people usually hate this kind, but it's my thing). 
This morning, I made up a Green Smoothie with water, collard greens, 2 bananas and 1 mango. It was okay. Tolerable. Tasted VERY green.
Since Cousins Night is tonight, I made Peanut Butter Bars for my lovely Emily cousin. :)
Then mom decided to barbecue a turkey (cut up into pieces). It turned out SO yummy.

 
Cousins Night was really fun. We had tacos and Theresa made minion cupcakes (i'll post a picture tomorrow) and we all enjoyed the peanut butter bars.  
At 9pm, a few of us went over to some hot air balloon "glow" event, which actually never started, so we left at about 10:45. The show I guess was supposed to be from 10-11, but they were just figuring things out by 10:30. So not worth it. I did, however, get to enjoy some chat time with Carol. It was good. I don't think I got eaten by bugs tonight, luckily. 

No comments: