"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

adventurous ash/arch night

As I was off to my brother's house last night to have Auntie Ash & Archie night, the fire seemed to be mostly contained. Around 7pm.
I had a great time playing with my nephew. He was super super cranky, but he was happy some of the time too. He did want the pacifier the whole time, but didn't fuss when i'd take it from him for a while.
He wasn't happy enough to show it on camera though...
Most of the night I felt like this...
with little to no reaction from him.
He was quite the trooper with me, considering all he wanted was his momma.
Around bedtime, he got super relaxed and happy. Right before the fussy tangle of me holding him and reading him stories...
Until our standoff was won...BY ME! he zonked. Then I was able to move him to HIS bed.
He only fussed one more time after that. When he ended up in the corner of his crib without his pacifier. I rescued the pacifier and moved him and he was great.
  
It doesn't get much better than this! Even when they're not feeling well, I love spending time with the littles in my life. What good is family if you can't be your absolute worst around them sometimes? I am happy to help out and just love on them whenever I am asked. :) 

No comments: