"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

You're Beautiful, and That's For SURE!

Our Relief Society activity was tonight. Theme was "Finding the Beauty in You" or something like that. We were asked to bring salad with a recipe card to share, and what do I bring????
MELON.
of course, Ash...The one that usually always follows the rules brings MELON to a salad bar. (knife to a gun fight, much?)
Anyway, there was plenty of everything anyway. Nobody complained. :)
The Night included great speakers on loving yourself for who you really are. Finding the good things you like about yourself and not dwelling on the things you may not love about yourself. (self worth). There was also a sister that spoke about the book "The Gift of Imperfection" by Brene Brown. I'm going to have to look at that book. Sounds great.
Another woman spoke about and demonstrated Green Smoothies. It was a fun night.
They ended the night with yummy vanilla bean ice cream with raspberries. I left the raspberries, because I'm not a fan, but it was sooo good. oh, i also left the mint leaves....ew. who actually eats the garnish anyway? ("That Caviar is a GARNISH"  -You've Got Mail)
And just because my heart loves "You've Got Mail" so much, I had to snap a shot of the daisies that were on the table. "Don't you think that daisies are the friendliest flower?"
Earlier today was Yarn Therapy. I made up these thumb-less wrist warmers. A second test for my friend Jess. I think this pattern will work best for her, even if she DOES want stripes.

No comments: