"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Booties, Brothers, Blankets and Blueberries :)

At Yarn Therapy today, I knit up a pair of baby booties, which I don't have a picture of. A friend of mine, Margo has asked me to make her 3 pairs of booties for her grandchildren. 1 is an as of yet unborn baby girl, the other 2 are boys and they are 1 1/2 and 2 1/2. I will be looking around for the best booties/socks that I can find. Only the cutest for my friends!

After Yarn Therapy on Thursdays, Mom and I (and sometimes Sam, and our friend Ramona) go up to Finaghty's for lunch and to visit with my brother (the manager!). It is always a tasty fun time. Today I had the special- Spicy chicken Sandwich with fries. It had COLESLAW ON IT! yummm. I left off the cheese because I am NOT A FAN. It was really great. oh, and a diet coke. as per usual.
 I know I'm crazy weird and I like to make blankets in the heat of the summer, but I am in love with these hombre blankets and cannot resist trying one out. So, this afternoon, I started in on a purple one. I hope to make it close to the color scheme of the bottom right hand blanket in this picture.

I didn't have to pick up Sam from work today, because she was off adventuring with a friend. When she returned home, she was so hungry she had a headache, so off we went to our local best-food-in-the-world joint "Teriyaki Town" and had us some hot and spicy chicken with rice and salad. Sam is so stealthy. She knows how to use chopsticks and I.....I can only play them on the piano. poorly at that. (You'd think with my ability to knit and crochet, I'd be more skilled in the art of stick holding...) LAME. I guess that's one of my humility points. 

Here Sam is gleaning the small bounty from our blueberry bushes...I think there might have been all of 7. Of course she ate all of them without sharing ONE with me....of COURSE!

No comments: