"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Favorite Birthday

I think my favorite birthday would have to be my 10th birthday. I got to invite a few friends from school and we all went to Chuck E Cheese's. It's sorta sad, but I remember inviting one girl in particular that was (I thought) in the "popular" crowd and when she said she would come, I remember feeling really excited and like I was glad she knew I existed. It's weird the things you give importance to when you're young...Or even now... At any rate, we all had a great time.
Whether a friend conspires with a few of my other friends and sends me a card with all their photos on it wishing me happy birthday, or my family goes to the local Mexican restaurant where they make you wear the sombrero, I do always have some sort of good time on every birthday.
This year, i've decided to have a dinner night with my friends for each friend's birthday. Birthday dinner night. We've had once so far and the next will be in March. That has been fun so far. I'm experimenting with starting friend traditions.

No comments: