"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

moving forward with projects

My friend's birthday was the other day and she has wanted a jeans quilt ever since i put mine together last year. I had secretly been compiling more jeans to cut up and use in a quilt all her own. I put it together the weekend before the 4th of July and gave it to her on her birthday, which was the 3rd. She LOVED it.
Here's how it turned out.

This last week, i put together THESE squares:

the squares i'd compiled, put in order, put number/row/column stickers on so that i'd know exactly what goes where. MONTHS ago.
Well, The quilt top is FINALLY SEWN!


That took me a while to get around to.
I have a piece all cut out for the backing. Now i just need to put batting in it, pin it together for quilting, quilt it up, bind it and share the finished product with all of you.
Next week i'll get to finishing it up and let ya know.

No comments: