"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Wanna see a magic trick????

okay, A woman in my ward asked me to make an "infinity scarf" for her to gift to her daughter for christmas. I didnt know what that meant when she first asked me, but i said sure, id make her one, so i climbed online and found a picture of this "infinity scarf" and off i went. It took me a few weeks to get through because it was straight boring knitting with black yarn. BORING. But I finally made my way through it in time to get to her for christmas. after all the work of knitting this scarf, came the hard part. i had to put it together so that there was NO SEAM. A TUBE of magic. Kitchener stitch is one i'd not tried yet, so after about a half hour of figuring it out and my wonderful mother picking up my stitches from my provisional cast on, i was able to get started on the actual task of FINISHING it. It is magnificent, because even I can't see where it was joined. PERFECT. goal attained. it is AWESOME. I had to share. Yes, i'm a bit proud of myself right now...

You may see an ordinary scarf here...

But it is, in fact, a magical scarf of beauty and wonder...

Warm and cozy.

Thanks go out to my two models (mom and sam) for modelling this item.

This is the evil genius stitch. evil because it is awkward to figure out how to work through, and genius because when you finally understand how it works, it works and is beautiful!


just one step closer to christmas...

No comments: