"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust

This story is short and sad.
and potentially embarrassing.

This afternoon, Sam and i were at taco time in issaquah and i was eating a taco. I noticed that there was a good amount of grease on the plate that was coming from the taco, so i tilted it and was letting the stuff come out of the taco for a bit. THEN...my lettuce took a leap out of the taco and landed...RIGHT in the grease. OF COURSE! i was shocked and looked at it for a minute thinking "i really wanted that lettuce!". this is the embarrassing part...i shovelled the lettuce back onto my taco even though...it was a bit...slick shall we say. i know, i know. greasy lettuce. ew. but i needed the lettuce. i couldnt just have a taco with beef and cheese, lettuce MAKES it. so i ate it with hot sauce and all was well.
so its not as embarrassing as i thought, but its kindof just sad.
i couldnt let the lettuce go uneaten.
even for the excess taco...liquids...

1 comment:

kuna granny said...

Ah, I thought perhaps it ruined your shirt. I love it! I would have done the same thing!!!