I was going through my myspace blogs when i came across this one that was too good to stay on myspace. it had to be somewhere else too.
wednesday, september 3, 2008
so yesterday morning weez and brandon woke me up. i then went to the bathroom, as i usually do after waking up, and was met by this firey inferno of a candle jar in the bathroom. there was a little piece of the glass that had already broken off and the entire inside and remains of the candle jar were aflame. nasty and incrediblly scary (ok, not too scary, but it was scary enough). i blew on it to see if i could blow it out, but found that i would need much more lung power to kill the flame, so i turned on the blowdrier to high and shot at it. it was my own private backdraft, minus all the drama and intensity... okay it was nothing like it, but i did feel like a rescue hero. the flame was out. rising to the ceiling was a burn-scented cloud of muck. it had been overcome, or so i thought. i sat on the toilet...to do my thang...and then as the jar cooled a bit, it busted into several pieces. i wasn't wearing a sweatshirt or long sleeves, so i thought my arms were in danger of shrapnel fire, but alas, i came away unharmed. when all the pieces had time to cool, we threw the jar away and i scrubbed at the counter. all i got off of it was the waxy buildup. there now sits a nice burn ring. awesome. our counter will never be the same. if counters could talk....it'd probably tell you the same story...