"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

raffle tickets anyone?

I did not work on the t-shirt quilt today at all, but i did go to the senior center for knitting and worked on the purples.
After lunch up at Finaghty's with Mom, Sam, Ramona and of course, my brother, Ma and I returned to the center to meet with the Sno-Valley Quilters to get some raffle tickets to sell for this lovely queen sized quilt made by the quilters. 
Tickets are $1 and the raffle will be drawn on December 7th 2013 at 2pm at Mt Si Senior Center's Christmas Bazaar.
If anyone wants to buy a raffle ticket, just let me know. I will hook you up!
I left mom at the center to cut out 2 1/2 inch strips of group fabric with the ladies, and I returned home to bake Kefir Blueberry Muffins
I picked Sam up from work tonight and we had dinner at Arby's. We NEVER go there...It was different for us. :)
After dinner, Sam and I returned home (while ma and dad were at Costco getting milk and a craft table) and I sewed up a few teether necklaces and burp cloths.
A photo of my pretties from today.
 
I will be posting these on Etsy in the next few days. :) 

Tomorrow, my parents are going with the center to mt rainier. I will be cutting out batting, spray basting my t-shirt square "sandwiches" together (t-shirt, batting, t-shirt= sandwich) and my friend Monika is coming over to watch me strain my keifer and then I will split the "grains" with her so she can take home her very own supply. It's like friendship yogurt! 
Tomorrow morning, I want to make a smoothie with Keifer, Spinach, and strawberries. Probably Agave as well, because of the bitter taste of the Keifer. 
I have a dozen muffins left that need distributing to the neighbors/Monika and her mother tomorrow.

Tomorrow night, after I pick up Sam, she and I are going to head toward Puyallup to spend the weekend with cousin Carol. 
I need to remember to put laundry in first thing tomorrow!

No comments: