"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Monday, September 14, 2009

“We are…an American family”

“Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but valuable. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void.”
-Kathleen Kelly, “You’ve Got Mail”

My friend Monika and I love the movie “You’ve Got Mail”. We try and watch it as much as we can. We have found a way to insert quotes from it into EVERYDAY conversation…even the weird little ones. It is one of my favorite things that we find to do together. The quotes from that movie just live in us.

If it were possible, I would want to know Tom Hanks and marry into his family and be near he and Rita and their wonderful son Colin forever. I am not sure, is he married yet??? Lol. I’m convinced that Tom Hanks is like the character he portrays in Sleepless in Seattle AND You’ve Got Mail.


Maybe I’ll just work on marrying Colin Hanks in my dreams. That plan will definitely work out better…

2 comments:

kuna granny said...

I love that movie! Did you know that it was a remake?

Ashley said...

i have heard that but never seen the original movie.