"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." — Anaïs Nin

Maybe I'll change someone's world with these words. You never know.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

more than just a pretty face

Tonight i was going through a library book i picked up this afternoon in snoqualmie. the book is called "True Vision: Authentic Art Journaling". COOL BOOK. I have been interested in journalling in my scrapbook and haven't really ever, so i thought this would be cool, but in looking through this book, i realized it is for new and cool ways and ideas to jazz up your personal journal. i havent ever used my journal as an artbook. except for when things are to be yelled on the page, then i use a color or big printing...anyway....i came across this quote/note in the book that struck me.
i was thumbing through the pages when i saw

PROVE YOU EXIST

how do you pass that up? it is a definate life....something. I got to thinking...if i were held at gunpoint and told to "prove i exist" how would i do so? Do i exist in the clothes i wear or the things i keep in my purse? Do i exist in the things that live in my vehicle? no, when i really think about it, i exist in my heart and in my mind. the only way i would be able to prove i exist would be to tell my life story. it is the thoughts in my head and what i choose to do with them that make up who i am.

i love a good 'stop and think' moment, and i was surprised to see it come from an inspiring art journalling book. needless to say, i will be using this book to change the way i view my journal now.

1 comment:

kuna granny said...

Wow, that strikes a cord! Okay, okay I will blog more for you girls!